LG’s Innovative UV Earbuds Offers UVNano Technology, Plug & Wireless Function, EnhancedActive Noise Cancelling and Many More Useful Features
Petaling Jaya, 6 December 2021 – LG Electronics (LG) is refreshing its true wireless stereo listening experience with the addition of the new LG TONE Free FP9 and FP8 earbuds into its wearable wireless audio family. Perfect for those who enjoy the freedom to move, the top-of-the-line LG TONE Free models present upgrades to refresh your sound in every moment with its hygiene-boosting UVnano charging case, which also offers consumers conventional ease and comfort wear, as well as immersive sound quality.
With perfect fit and comfortability being the priority for the LG TONE Free lineup, LG collaborated with a leading ergonomic design technology lab to analyse hundreds of subjects’ ears, resulting in an innovative Arc Design with an earbud stem 4.4 millimeters shorter than on previous models to create the perfect balance and fit for an active lifestyle.1 The earbuds can be worn without worry during intense workout sessions or in the rain as the FP series earbuds are IPX4 rated.
“We are now taking the next step in strengthening our foothold in the local wearable wireless audio market with the introduction of the LG TONE Free wireless earbuds. This upgraded series present the perfect balance between comfort and hygiene that every one of us needs in this era of normal – and LG is thrilled to introduce these products to Malaysian consumers,” said Kim Kyutae, Managing Director of LG Electronics Malaysia.
Refresh Your Buds
- The LG TONE Free lineup prioritises hygiene. LG has enhanced their FP9 and FP8 models to refresh your buds with UVnano technology which can sterilise and kill bacteria that may linger on the speaker mesh within five minutes leading to a hygienic worry-free experience.2
- As the saying goes, “prevention is better than cure”, and that is why LG has equipped the earbuds with hypoallergenic and anti-allergic Medical Grade Silicon Ear Gels to protect the ears providing a soft comfortable fit whilst preventing irritation.3
Refresh Your Fit
- The LG TONE Free earbuds offer an all-new concha-shaped design by providing an ergonomic fit to conform to the shape of the ear.
- The upgraded Sleek Fit™ delivers a perfect fit providing comfort whilst always staying dapper.
- Ideal for people who are always on the move, the wireless earbuds guarantee exceptional long battery life, delivering up to 10 hours of playback time between charges for a total of 24 hours of usage when used with the charging case.
- With quick charge, five minutes is equivalent to one-hour full hour of listening gratifying a sense of relief.
- The ambient mode allows users to be fully aware of their surroundings with a touch on the earbud. Now, listening to music can be both convenient and safe.
Refresh Your Listening
- With the new Headphone Spatial Processing from Meridian Audio providing an immersive and rich sound. The built-in equaliser delivers immaculate bass and treble tones like a live recording without compromising clarity or detail.
- The enhanced active noise cancelling on both new TONE Free earbuds eliminate low-frequency sounds that can’t be completely blocked by the passive noise cancellation earbuds.
- The 3D Sound Stage expands the sound stage via spatial up-mixing to bring users more lifelike audio for a more captivating listening experience.
- For gamers, 3D sound stage provides gamers with low latency which minimises audio lag over Bluetooth and comes in handy while defeating your opponents.
- With three microphones in each earbud, the new FP series offer a better calling experience by making the user’s voice clearer and with less intrusive ambient noise getting in the way.
- New Whispering Mode allows for greater call privacy and clarity, allowing users to hold the right earbud close to their mouths as a dedicated microphone, the perfect solution for making and taking calls in silent or hectic environments.
- The FP9 with Plug & Wireless enables the charging case to double as a wireless dongle, especially handy on airplanes. By plugging the case to any compatible device via USB-C to AUX cable, users can experience both complete freedom and low-latency sound.4
For an immersive experience, users can pair the wireless earbuds with the TONE Free app to deliver a customisable way to tune into the music through adjusting the levels of ambient mode, active noise cancelling and equaliser settings. The app also includes the TONE Free LAB feature which allows users to access special settings such as Game Mode and Whispering Mode.
The new concha-shaped design provides users with a more comfortable fit and comes in two colours: Pearl White and Charcoal Black. The LG TONE Free earbuds’ price starts from MYR599 (MSRP).
The LG TONE Free FP9 is an online exclusive model whereas the LG TONE Free FP8 and FP5 is available across all authorised LG retailers in Malaysia. For more information, please visit https://www.lg.com/my/wireless-earbuds.
|Features||LG TONE Free Wireless Earbuds (FP9)||LG TONE Free Wireless Earbuds (FP8)||LG TONE Free Wireless Earbuds (FP5)|
|Active Noise Cancelling||O||O||O|
|UVnano||O (During wired charging)||O (During wired & wireless charging)||X|
|Medical-grade Ear Gels||O||O||O|
|3D Sound Stage||O||O||O|
|Plug & Wireless||O||X||X|
|Microphones||3 mics||3 mics||3 mics|
|Ambient Mode/ Chat Mode||O||O||O|
|Battery Life (ANC off)||Up to 24hrs (Earbuds 10hrs)||Up to 24hrs (Earbuds 10 hrs)||Up to 22hrs (Earbuds 8hrs)|
|OS Compatibility||Android / iOS||Android / iOS||Android / iOS|
|Colours||Charcoal Black & Pearl White||Charcoal Black & Pearl White||Charcoal Black & Pearl White|
1 Collaboration with the Ergonomic Design Technology Lab at POSTECH, one of Asia’s leading science and technology universities.
2 Independent testing shows UVnano charging case eliminates 99.9 percent of Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus and Klebsiella pneumonia bacteria on earbuds within five minutes during charging. UV LED function works only during charging and the FP9 case must be connected to external power source.
3 Base material in silicone ear gel meets ISO 10993 and USP Class VI requirements.
4 Plug & Wireless feature not compatible with all gaming consoles.
Disclaimer: This device or any of its parts is not intended or implied to prevent or treat any health conditions; it is not a medical device, nor for use as or to replace a medical device.